This position is responsible for operating the die cutting machine to cut out parts of specified size and shape from materials such as Polycarbonate, polyester, adhesives by performing the following duties:
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Places single or multiple layers of material on bed of machine.
- Reviews work order and blueprints prior to beginning job in order to ensure accuracy of job requirements.
- Assembles materials, dies, and graphic panels in preparation for the die cutting process.
- May transport cut samples to the Quality Control Department to ensure proper quality of die cut parts in each new order before beginning to cut the entire production run.
- Checks with the department lead on all matters affecting the quality and registration of parts.
- Conducts continuous visual inspections during the cycle of die cutting as well as de-webbing and de-slugging parts periodically to check for clean cuts.
- Completes die history and returns dies to storage for tracking of hits and repairs as necessary.
- Places cut parts in parts bin and stacks bins in staging area for assembly.
- Completes entries in computer program indicating the time spent on each production run.
- May perform cleaning duties including rework and stripping of components.
- Operates all equipment in a safe manner. Follows standard safety procedures and uses all approved safety devices and equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Associate degree in a related field with 1 – 2 years of relevant experience is required; OR, a High School diploma/GED with 2 – 3 years of applicable, relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member within various teams and committees.
We are a 4-company organization that includes NFI, Design Mark, Flexible Pack, and Concierge in Print. Servicing customers through a variety of industries (medical, transportation, food/beverage, military, industrial, etc.), we manufacturer graphic overlays, customized labels, functional die cuts, and keypads. Your work can range from rugged labels for military equipment, or labels with holograms for medical devices – we have even sent labels into outer space with NASA! Backed by 40 years of success and fueled by a commitment to innovation, we are customer-centric, employees focused, and solution-driven.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.