Are you ready to join a growing company that focuses on quality products, safety, and innovation? Then, meet your new family: NFI Corp. – recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in New England and part of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 list as the highest-ranked company in the Providence/Warwick/Fall River area!
ENGINEER (electrical and/or mechanical)
NFI Corp. wants to add a creative engineering professional to our team. This role is integral in all product stages from design to conversion, subcontract sourcing, and quoting of custom electronic and mechanical assemblies. The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
Your Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate sample parts, idea sketches, and/or print packages into engineering/quality/manufacturing requirements that can be directly utilized to quote and produce customer products;
- Responsible for being the engineering interface between sales, subcontract facilities, and customers;
- Develop specs, drawings, bill of materials, and quality requirements from Sales or Customer input;
- Perform a full product lifecycle (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement);
- Reverse engineer projects to source or produce as required. Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions;
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide customer quotes;
- Confers with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate efficient production processes;
- Interact with multiple departments to understand and meet our customer’s needs;
- Customer responsiveness, teamwork, accuracy, and thoroughness are imperative to this position.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering AND 3 years related experience are required;
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, ProE or other);
- Electro-mechanical, electronics, surface mount technology, and circuit board knowledge desirable;
- Strong computer and systems experience is required (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet);
- Excellent communication skills focusing on oral, written, and listening abilities;
- Solution-driven with the ability to work through a problem and maintain focus under pressure;
- Active team player who always exhibits a positive work attitude and can work with little supervision;
- A desire to work with a high-performance team and a willingness to grow and be challenged!
What We Offer:
In addition to joining a team that is employee focused, all full-time employees are eligible to receive:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 100% Company-paid STD/ LTD & Life
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- AND MORE!
We’re a 4-company organization that includes NFI, Design Mark, Flexible Pack, and Concierge in Print. Servicing customers through a variety of industries (medical, transportation, food/beverage, military, industrial, etc.), we manufacturer graphic overlays, customized labels, functional die cuts, and keypads. Your work can range from rugged labels for military equipment, or labels with holograms for medical devices – we have even sent labels into outer space with NASA! Backed by 40 years of success and fueled by a commitment to innovation, we are customer-centric, employees focused, and solution-driven.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.